Meeting on rice-production at the Legislative building under the auspices of the Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce, Rafael Alunan. Main problems discussed:
(1) Emergency plan for encouraging production of rice and other food crops to meet the present emergency:
(2) Long-range program for increased rice production;
(3) Methods for increasing total production;
(4) Methods for improving the rate of production per hectare;
(5) Elimination of marginal lands;
(6) Soil fertility and conservation and use of fertilizers;
(7) Diversification of crops and home industries of rice farms;
(8) Reduction of cost of operation through labor-saving devices;
(9) Development of irrigation system and improvement of irrigation practices;
(10) Stabilization of the rice industry through organized marketing and distribution and the granting of lands to small farms.
Will close the radio. Can’t stand Japanese music.