Due to the increasing cost of living, the following salary readjustment has been made:
1. From ₱50 down, increase to ₱50 for permanent employees, one year in the service, regardless of merit.
2. From ₱50 to ₱100 varying increases according to merit.
3. ₱100 to ₱150—stationary. But “dead wood” will be reduced.
4. Above ₱150, definitely no increase, except to very exceptional and meritorious cases.
5. Total percentage of increase of permanent employees, 7%. ₱20,000 is calculated monthly salary of permanent employees. About ₱50,000 is total monthly salary of Manila and provincial, permanent and temporary employees. Not more than 300 employees will get an increase.
6. Provincial men. Reduce salary by 20% but give a per diem of ₱1.00 a day.
7. Reasons for increase: (a) hard work, including Saturday afternoons and Sundays; (b) lowest paid corporation, comparatively, (c) conducive to efficiency.
There’s nothing like getting a raise!